Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Library Thing.

Have you seen this site? Apparently most bloggers have and I'm slow on the uptake.

I was surfing blogs a few weeks ago and ran across it. I've been trying to figure out how to get one of those cool "What we're reading" lists on my sidebar, and saw one similar to what I wanted on someone else's blog, powered by 'Library Thing'. So I went to check it out.

My brother suggested that I catalog my bookshelf so that it would be easier to compare our bookshelves, recommend books, etc, but the task was just too daunting. I'm a raging bibliophile and I was just not up for typing out each book's name, author, etc. Enter Library Thing.

This amazing site lets you catalog up to 200 books for free. I've entered 193 and am far from done, so I am seriously getting a membership, I like it that much.

To catalog a book, you simply enter the ISBN number, add a tag if you want to organize them, click enter, and it goes into your 'library'. So easy, and so rewarding to an anal list-maker like myself.

I still have to enter all of my cookbooks, most of my kids' books, and all of my young adult books which will likely raise me past the 400 book mark. Yikes.

I ended up using an Amazon widget for my book list since I'm kind of a dud at computer stuff and couldn't figure out how to make my Library Thing widget show "Currently Reading" books.

1 comment:

green said...

I've bookmarked the link.