Thursday, May 22, 2008

Breastfeeding hero.

For my sister the lactivist - this woman is absolutely amazing. Read about her.

http://yesboleh.blogspot.com/2008/05/chinese-policewoman-helps-quake-effort.html

"A Chinese policewoman is contributing to the country’s massive earthquake relief effort in a very personal way -- by breastfeeding eight babies. ... She is nursing the children of three women who were left homeless by the quake and are too traumatised to give milk, as well as five orphans, the report said.The babies who lost their parents have been put in an orphanage which does not have powdered milk, it said."

3 comments:

Tuan's Princess said...

Wow! I love it. What a heartwarming story. Off to post it on my blog! lol

Cindy said...

O.M.G. Eight babies???!!!!
That woman is a SAINT! Bless her!

Heather said...

okay, so I see Maria on here and I have been looking for a way to get in contact with her for a while. But when I click on her name or picture, I'm not seeing any links for her. Can you help me out with this?

Just in case you don't recongnize me....it's Heather Barker. =)