Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today we..

... exercised our right to vote.

We live in a very rural area, hence the very non-private voting booths. Last year we had booths with curtains - I wonder what happened to those.

After we got our punch cards and went to our booths, my husband leaned over and asked me a question about a candidate he hadn't heard of. One of the ladies signing voters up yelled "no conversing!" at us. After that he started whispering "What did you get for #5?" and "What did you get for #7? I put Gettysburg Address." She was very aggravated with him.


So we got done and I asked him to get a picture of me with the girls at the polling place. This is, unfortunately, the best he got, but I had to include it. Look at Gray's face! Excited to be voting, that one.

4 comments:

Garrison Family said...

way to go sarah. it should be a family thing! exciting!!! and didnt your husband learn not to cheat ? LOL

Simpson Home said...

Love the picture of you and the kids. Our voting booths are just as private. ;) I went to the place we voted at for the primary and they had a note on the door saying: Poling place changed with no notice to us. Call --- ---- for the new location. The new polling place was the elementary school I passed on the way to vote. Go figure. Way to go Heiners! love the Simpsons

Katey said...

LOL at Matt. The last picture is great- I love seeing pics of you and your beautiful children. Someday I'll get to see you all in person. :)

Tuan's Princess said...

Matt cracks me up! I'm still giggling. Oh, and that's exactly what our booths looked like.