Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Do your kids like insects?

Or hate 'em?

This website has been a surprising hit at our house. Lots and lots of laughter - especially when the 'bounce' is taken to the highest level. Lots of questions about spiders which led to talk of where I grew up and the tarantulas who live in Oklahoma, discovery of spider's favorite foods (push the spacebar and watch your spider run over and eat the bug you leave for it), and the most surreal discussion with a four year old about ratios (body to legs and skinny vs large legs - try it!).

The snake game on the bar across the top was also a surprising hit. I was not only surprised by how quickly she caught on to how to move the snake and stay away from her tail but also by the hysterical giggles when she ended up eating her own tail.

http://www.onemotion.com/flash/spider/

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Haven't had a chance to check out the site yet, but it sounds cool. Can't wait to be able to have discussions like that with Meredith. They might like this one too: http://blog.growingwithscience.com/
I believe it's run by a stay-at-home mom who is also an entomologist and has taught science to kids in the past. She talks about all sorts of neat insects and other science-y things and gives ideas for projects to try.

Annie said...

That is so neat! Can't wait to show Lily.

Cool link, Lindsay!

Sarah said...

That's a cool site, Lindsay, thank you! I'm so glad you're visiting here - I love your comments.

Lindsay said...

Thanks Sarah! I love your blog. I've said this before but your kids really are living the life I wanted to live as a child. I don't always get a chance to comment, especially recently, but I have you in my RSS reader so I don't miss anything. :)