Friday, January 16, 2009

He's been initiated.

Remember this post?

Grayson has joined the ranks of happy ice cream eaters.



Grayson is almost eleven months old and not walking yet. Why is this important? It's not. It's just so unexpected and ... and lovely. Ainsley was walking at nine months old and Hannah at ten months old. Grayson has experimented a few times with standing while not holding onto anything. He crawls like a fiend, he's just not motivated to move his motion upwardly yet. Why mention this right now? Because we're going to visit cousins for the weekend and one of the cousins is a month older than Grayson and walking. And you know how kids always learn new skills while around new children. *sigh* What are my chances of keeping Gray from seeing his cousin all weekend? Yeah, that's what I thought.

In "maybe he can't walk, but look what he can do" news - I caught him playing with this stick and circle the other day. Non-stop for over fifteen minutes. Put the stick through the circle, tip it back, dump it off, start over.



It was actually pretty impressive to me to see a baby his age be so engrossed in doing that and be able to control the stick so well from the end instead of from the middle. Neither of his sisters were interested in fine motor skills at that age. Hannah was only interested in people and Ains was very interested in throwable and bangable toys.



I even took a two minute video of him doing this. Why would I take a two minute video of an infant doing this? Because two minutes is all my camera had on it.

4 comments:

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Awww, and look at his forehead! His sweet sisters have been decorating him again in the backseat of the car, haven't they?
:-)

p.s. I hadn't seen that post of Ainsley eating icecream. She has good taste. I *love* Twix. Though, generally unwrapped.

Lindsay said...

That is so cute. I can't believe how old he's looking. Walking or not, he's definitely starting to look toddler-ish! And is it my imagination or is there marker on his forehead?

Stephanie said...

I love watching the Learning.
Amazing stuff.

Cindy said...

Yea, Patrick taught cousin Emily how to walk and she taught him how to crawl... all in one weekend visit to our home. I think they were both about 11 months old at the time. I predict he will be running (or like we used to call it, 'modified falling') within a month. He is getting to look so grown up. Love the art on his forehead. :-)