Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snippets.

"Mother, to get past me, you have to answer a riddle."

OK. Shoot.

"I'm white and I have feathers and a beak. I swim in ponds and try to eat frogs and fish. I lay eggs and when one of my eggs hatched a baby swan I was really mean to it, but boy was I embarrassed when it turned out to be prettier than any of my babies. I'm a duck and I quack and I fly.

What am I?"

Um, a duck?

"You're a brilliant mother! You can pass!"

Two feet farther forward...

"To get past me you have to answer a riddle."


----------

Ainsley got a 'Tatt. Too.' of an orange orchid. We put it on her arm. She admired it for hours and then went to bed. At two am I was woken up by a blood-curdling scream. Her tatt-too was gone. Vanished. Nowhere to be seen. And she was distraught about it.

Out to the hallway where I can turn on the light and show her that it is still very much there.

"Oh, GOOD, Momma! Tawt pyahts took it."

No, sweetie. Pirates didn't take it.

That baku needs to work a double shift on both girls or we need another baku. Preferably a pirate-eating baku.

7 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Pirates?!!! How darling. I love that you are documenting these fun conversations.

Sarah said...

Oh these are priceless!

Cindy said...

I'm glad you translated some of Ainsley's chatter. I got "pywat" but some of the other ones stumped me. Thank goodness for light to make a Tat Too reappear! LOL

Sarah said...

Kim, they're so funny, but so easy to forget aren't they? Yay for blogging! I'd forget them all by next week if it weren't for my blog.

Thanks, Sarah - I would have laughed more at the pirate one if it hadn't been the middle of the night.

Cindy, it's the only thing I could think to do to calm her down! lol She was beside herself with grief. It would have been more funny at the time if it hadn't been in the middle of my sleepy-time. It was plenty funny in the morning.

Tuan's Princess said...

Cindy - I got the rest but didn't get "pywat" until translation. :o)

Love it Sarah!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh gawd, Sarah...how has it happened? I simply love your blogs. Effortlessly they have become the two blogs that I will choose to read first when there are new posts. Thanks for making me smile. :)

Sarah said...

Aw, Danni. You made my month. That is the best compliment I've gotten in a long time.