Friday, May 22, 2009

How unschoolers learn about reproduction.*

*Please note that this is not how unschoolers learn about reproduction.

Yesterday morning, when Hannah was making pancakes, she asked for help flipping some of the smaller pancakes. This is what I saw when I looked at the grill.


That and this:

Of course, I just had to make up a few more and turn it into an object lesson.*

Two people met and fell in love.

The inevitable happened.

And they had a baby.

It's like finding the Virgin Mary on your griddle, but this one teaches you a sex-ed lesson. Or something.

*Again, this object lesson didn't happen with my kids. It is just for my blog. In fact, I never pointed out to my daughter that the first pancake looked like a fetus. I did not want tears as soon as the fetus' umbilical cord fell off or her sister ate the head. I also never pointed out to her that the second looked like sperm. We'll have that conversation another day.

More food as body parts posts here and here.

8 comments:

The Thinker said...

Good eye, mama! :) I think it is also a good lesson in siezing the opportunity to teach when it presents itself (and when you're ready.) ;)

Cassandra

Sarah said...

LOL!

Joy said...

That's hilarious! :)

SE'LAH... said...

LOL...I had a near brush today...thought I'd save that subject for another day too ;)

I enjoyed the photostory. I'd be interested to know when you decide to teach them, how unschoolers do it.

One Love.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Snort!
Um, so is it bad that I saw something else in both of those pictures? I mean, yeah, the heart looked like a heart. But all I saw in the others was, well, you know...

;-)

sunnymama said...

How funny!

Darcel said...

Awesome!

Christy said...

Giggling because I too saw something else in those pictures.