Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kiddy goodness.

H: Mother, try my food.
S: Are you sure? I don't want to eat your delicious dinner.
H: Of course, please do. It would please me greatly.


H: (After I said that I thought my hair looked nice) Be careful, Mother, or the water nymphs will throw you clear up in the sky like Cassiopeia. That's what they did to her when she was envious.
S: Envious?
H: Um, no. Vain. The nymphs were envious. She was vain. But Andromeda wasn't vain. She just got put in the stars because her mother was vain and her father couldn't kill the sea beast himself.
S: Oh. What was the king's name? I've forgotten.
H: Carl. It's not Harry. That's not a very kingy name. His name's Carl.



The girls are playing their magical creatures game at the table right now. All of the sudden I hear Ains squeal gleefully "I got the HANUMAN! Yay!" Hearing that little voice say hanuman makes me smile.

5 comments:

Joy said...

So sweet! I love stories like these. Kids are so funny. :)

Farmgirl_dk: said...

It would please her greatly? Where in the world did she learn to speak so properly??! :-)

Had Grayson just woken up from a nap in the video? Gosh, that belly laughter brings back so many memories. He has beautiful teeth, doesn't he?

Stephanie said...

Lord Hannah cracks me up.

Grayson looks like he's entering delirium, and his Mama insists on playing with him instead of letting him sleep. :)
Giggles are mighty tempting, I agree.

Tuan's Princess said...

Love the giggles!

Gina said...

Fabulous photo,wonderful conversation and those giggles are the best!

Gina xx