Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What to do while mom packs.

Build farms.

I got boxes for packing from the recycling center. I was a bit .... optimistic when I picked out some of them. They were too big. You couldn't lift them after they were packed. (I didn't discover this until I'd very proudly packed two of them full.)

So I gave them to the girls to play with on the porch. They ended up making stalls and hallways and a farm kitchen.


Here's one of the ponies. (Very dark in her stall.)


And here's the other.

5 comments:

catcreek said...

Those really huge boxes are great for duvets, pillows, stuffed animals...

Good luck with the packing, it's a thankless task.

Gina said...

Cardboard boxes make the best toys :)

Stacy (mama-om) said...

I just wanted to say that I really appreciated your comment over at Mon's about instincts and parenting philosophies!

Thank you!

sunnymama said...

Those are fantastic boxes!

Sarah said...

Catcreek, thank you for the idea - I ended up using some of them for sleeping bags. Very nice.

Stacy, thank you. I hesitated about hitting 'post' on that one.