Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Overwhelmed.

According to Hannah, that is. And she's not far off. One picture and one child-mother interaction tell the story of the last two days.



Today when we got back from the post office, the girls were setting up coloring implements on the porch. I was taking everything from the car into the house when I noticed I had a shadow. "You look overwhelmed, Mother," said the shadow. "I am, a bit," I said. "Well, I've been watching you and I think that it's the cleaning that's stressing you out. Why don't you give cleaning a break and color with us. That will stop you from being so overwhelmed. And you'll be more fun to be around."

Point taken.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

That's hilarious! :D

MamaTea said...

It's amazing the things they pick up on, isn't it?

I sure hope you took her advice :)

Garrison Family said...

well i think the shadow must know best!

Saberlowe said...

Your kids are amazing and adorable.

Stephanie said...

"More fun to be around" makes all the difference.
' Means happy. :)
Happy is good.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Such words of wisdom. I think I too should follow them. =)

Kim said...

What great advice!!