Monday, September 21, 2009

Just Hannah.

H: "Dad, are you a big boss at work?"
Matt: "Yes, I'm one of them."
H: "Then why do you go to work? I thought big bosses just sat around and, you know, do nothing."
M: "Most of them do."

I walked in on Hannah having a discussion with one of her toys.
Duck: "I'm a doctor."
H: "No you're not. You're a duck."
D: "But I like helping people."
H: "Being a doctor is more than just wanting to help people. You have to be able to tell what's wrong with them and you have to know all of the diseases. Do you know all of the diseases?"
D: "No."
H: "Then maybe you can be a vet'rinarian."

Hannah was frustrated because it had taken so long to clean the toy room today. Since her contribution to the cleaning had been some cleaning and a lot of wandering around in circles wondering when the cleaning would be done, she was exhausted later. So exhausted that she accused me of having 'tired her bum clear out.' "Now how did I do that?", I asked. "Well, when I was walking around, waiting for you to get done, my bum was jiggling all around from my legs moving it, and now it's tired out and it's your fault."

8 comments:

5 orange potatoes said...

LOL! That is too funny! Hmmmm, I think I know what she's talking about with the jiggling bum!

I'm still laughing btw!
lisa

Stephanie said...

snort!

AF Wife99 said...

That is hysterical! What a sense of humor she has.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Wow - just wow.
She cracks me up. She's a delight.

Maria said...

Aw man, if only I could use my jiggling, tired bum as an excuse. Oh to be 5 again. :o}

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I admit, these are some of my favorite posts. I LOVE they way Hannah talks! She cracks me up!

trixi said...

It's funny how mothers always seem to be at fault! Although I can see her point it did take you a rather long time to clean that room.

grace said...

speaking of bums my little informed me yesterday after showering "hey mamma, look at my bum! it's all shiney!"

ps. hi. ^_^ I'm coming out from lurking around your posts for some time.