Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Movin' right along.

Ainsley woke up yesterday, walked into the bathroom I was cleaning and said "Get eawings today."

I wasn't expecting this girl to want earrings until she was eight years old, so she caught me by surprise. "You want to get your ears pierced today?" I asked. "Yes."

"You're sure? It hurts a bit. A bit worse that this..." and I pinched her ear a bit. That's always stopped her in her tracks on the few other times she's thought about it. "Yes. Eawings today."

"We're going to town today, so we can do that if you want. It hurts though. More like this..." and I used my nail to pinch her ear a tiny bit harder. "OW!!!" She glared at me. "Get eawings today." So we went to the mall.

When we got to the store, I double(triple?)-checked with her and then handed her the box of starter earrings to choose from.

She chose the rainbow flowers.

She sat really still while the dots got marked on her ears.

And really still while the ladies pierced them.

And immediately after they were pierced, she covered both her ears with her chubby little hands and yelled "OWWWW!!!" I could see her fighting back tears, so I said "Do you have a mirror? Quick!" They had a mirror handy.

Then she went back to this.

Then the mirror, then the hands again.

Today we've washed and turned them and she says they don't hurt. It completely changes the look of her.

At least to me.

9 comments:

Joy said...

Awww...go Ainsley! What a big girl with such grown-up earrings. :) What does Hannah think? Are hers pierced too?

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh dear. I love the ear-piercing hat she chose to wear on this day. I want one.
Sigh. She seems so young to have her ears pierced - I wonder what made her suddenly decide that this was the day? Loved the photos accompanying the story.

Stephanie said...

Yup.
All Growed Up is always a new look!

Congrats to Ainsley on the rite of passage... and congratulations to you on the amazing timing. :)

Sherry said...

Yay, Ainsley has pretty earrings! :)

Katey said...

Ainsley is so brave! And cute. I think E is going to get her ears pierced for her 8th birthday (not till Feb). K has no desire at this point.

5 orange potatoes said...

Oh, the precious little thing! Once she has an idea in her head she sticks to it huh? Reminds me of Araina when she had her ears pierced a few months ago.

Her ears look beautiful!

lisa

Mama Teaching 2 said...

What a sweet blog post. :)

Maria said...

Wow! She's beautiful!

Annie@Imagination said...

We JUST had my daugther's ears pierced... she's been asking for a long time and we had checked a few stores over the summer but every time we happened to be there they didn't have 2 girls to pierce... Last thursday we happened to be at the mall with my good friend (who happens to be my daugther's godmother) and she offered to get her ears pierced as a birthday present.. (turning 3 next week) She did fantastic - looked a bit stunned, that's all. I was expecting at the very least tears!!

How old is your daugther?

And it does totally change their look, I agree!