Sunday, October 4, 2009

Snapshot Sunday - The 'I dislike fall' edition

It's not that I *want* to dislike fall, but I do. I love the idea of fall, but the reality falls short too often in this neck of the woods.
This is NOT cool, crisp fall days that ease you into winter.

This is NOT driving along lanes of trees with leaves changing colors.

This is NOT wearing sweaters in preparation for a winter of heavy coats.

This is NOT the heady smell of the earth changing seasons.

What this is is me wishing for an Oklahoma summer. That's what this is.

I was seriously disheartened when I woke up this morning and saw this. It's 6:30 pm and it's still going strong.

How it began.

10 comments:

Christy said...

Yikes! I'm not ready for that. I love fall. We live in MA and I am hoping that snow doesn't happen for a while yet.

Sherry said...

Oh my! You poor thing!

Joy said...

Wowzer! That's not fall at all! **wishing you some sunshine tomorrow**

Saberlowe said...

Haha! This post made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh... wow. I think i'm going to cry. I'm so sorry!!! ICKY!!!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

What? Seriously??! That's just not right. I almost had an anxiety attack just *looking* at your pictures. They reminded me of our last December - with our over-3-feet-of-snow and intermittent power and no mail delivery and our inability to get out of our driveway and to various holiday celebrations. No, no, NO!
YUCK!!! Stay warm, Sarah!

Cindy said...

So wrong. Time to pack up and come visit me. It's a sign.

Katey said...

Oh, no! We had a freak early October blizzard a couple years ago. It did a lot of damage up here. I hope it melts soon and you get some real fall back!

5 orange potatoes said...

Oh my goodness. That is painful to see!!!! Hopefully it's melted by now....at least for the time being.

lisa

Phyllis said...

Wow, snow! Here is my "I hate fall" entry, which has the hint of the wish of spring with the photo of a dandelion...
http://bergspot.blogspot.com/2009/10/october-4-snapshot-sunday.html
-Phyllis