Friday, November 13, 2009

When your husband finds a frog at work ...





They loved it, of course, and Hannah took getting him to a safe place to live for the winter very seriously.

It reminded me of the last time (two years ago) that Matt found a frog and brought it in to show the girls. Problem was, the kids and I (I was pregnant with Gray at the time) were taking a bath right then. One of my husband's wonderful(?) qualities is that he sees problems as opportunities, hence the following post I posted on a small forum at the time....

"When your husband thinks he's funny, you could just end up with a frog in your bathtub, a hysterically giggling 10 month old trying to catch it, and a 3 yr old who's yelling that she wants to hold it, so "catch it, Mommy, catch it!". And the frog just might end up grabbing ahold of your nipple as the only port in a storm. Which might make your three year old giggle for the next two days about the frog nursing.

I'm just saying. That MIGHT happen."

The punchline of that story is that the next day, my little Hannah (3 years old at the time) told the lady at the post office that "My mother nurses frogs."

You can't explain that. You just can't.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aaa! I'm so jealous.
Well... not about the nursing the frog thing.
Well -maybe a little- but more about that you even run across frogs!!
A perfect world has frogs and lightening bugs in it regularly.

Katey said...

I remember that! LOL. Good thing you weren't in the tub this time!

Sarah said...

LOL Your kids keep me laughing. :)

Cindy said...

Ha ha. That is pretty funny. The post office lady probably thought Hannah got her stories mixed up. Ya know, some princesses kiss frogs... some er, nurse them. LOL

Kyre said...

I remember that too...so funny! I have an awesome mental picture of this event, I can assure you LOL.

5orangepotatoes said...

Nursing a frog? LOL! Too funny!

lisa

Maria said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

HA!! That's a very funny story. Of course, it brought a mental picture of your nipple with a frog attached to it, which was just a little bit odd, but, hey - I like you a lot. :-) (snort)

We've had a lot of frogs this year. I see this as a very happy sign of gardening chemical-free.

trixi said...

It would seem there aren't too many dull moments at your place!

kellyi said...

I think you are remarkably calm. I don't think I would be so gracious in sharing my bath with a frog, although my 5 year old would be in boy heaven. He really loves frogs. We even have a dead dried one which he won't let me chuck out.

It's his treasure.