Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cookies and such.

Yesterday, the girls and I made cookies. Gray didn't help. He was doing a lot of this.

Thank the heavens. Teething children need that.

That picture seemed familiar to me, so I went sifting through old pictures and found this...

Gray at 3 months old. We have had many white kittens.

Back in the present, though, there were cookies to cut out,

bake, and decorate.

Ainsley's were predictably top heavy.

Hannah was decorating this one with a toothpick.

I said "Oh, that looks cool. It looks like a spotted tulip." She said "No, Mother, it's termites. They're eating it." Happy Valentine's Day.

Since Gray was asleep, I even got to get in on the decorating. When we were all done, we left the cookies on the table.

That was a mistake. Gray woke up and found them. We don't have any cookies to give away now. But we did have a 10-high cookie tower.

5 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL! That is so cute!
Hannah, what a funny little girl!
I wanted to tell you that we were sitting behind Matt and the kids when Ainsley threw her arms around his neck and whispered, "you're the best daddy ever!"
It was just too cute!

Joy said...

I had no idea that termites liked V-day cookies! ;) The photos of Gray are too sweet!

Stephanie said...

pretty sweet!
Gray sure looks conked out. :) Like he's snooooorin' away. lol
the cookies are beeee-youtyful.
We have some on the agenda for sometime in the next few days!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Yes, MOTHER, termites on the cookies, of course! How could you not know this? lol
Ainsley's my kinda gal - I'm all about the frosting, too. :-)

Maria said...

I love them! Sounds like lots of fun!