Monday, February 22, 2010

Day Four - Cactuses, Craft supplies, and Cuddling.

When we were within thirty minutes of Phoenix I started hearing cries of "Cactuses!!!",

and "Palm trees!"

Much more excitement from these two things than I expected.

Today the girls and I went for a long, meandering walk around the neighborhood while Gray napped. We got to see both plants up close.

There are a *lot* of different varieties.

And Arizona landscaping is very, very different than what I'm used to.




The girls enjoyed themselves so much. They discovered new flowers,

very large pineapples,

and crafting supplies. (Those are rocks and flowers in her hands. I was carrying huge dried pieces of palm bark filled with many other treasures for her.)

Some very big crafting supplies.

I'm glad we drove - we couldn't fit that on a plane.

And when we got home, there was cuddling.

Have I mentioned how much I love being here?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

that picture of Hannah carrying the tree is hilarious.
:)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

All that sunshine and lack of snow is getting to me. Got room for one more?

Sarah said...

Isn't that great, Steph? She was so excited about the possibilities with that one.

Serene, come on down. It's a nice break from an Idaho winter.

Darcel said...

Great pictures! Love all of the different plants and trees.

Lynna said...

That's because it's February. Trust me from April/May to October you'd think twice!! We got married there in August . . . What were we thinking???

Maria said...

I'm just getting caught up! What a fun trip! I wish I could be there too! Hopefully soon all three of us will be in the same place.