Wednesday, February 10, 2010

That red-headed child.

Ainsley's been on a tear the last few days. I can't keep up with her goofy statements anymore.

Yesterday, after sitting in some powdered sugar that spilled on her chair - "Wook! I have a white bum!" Yes, you do. You look like a snowman. "No. When a kid gets powder on her bum, she looks like a snow tiger." Of course.

After me asking her if she wanted to pour the powdered sugar into the mixer (always good for a poofy mess) "I ahways DEAMED of doing that! You making my deams come twoo!" *looking at me askance* "Are you a faiwy godmother?"

She ran up and slapped me on the butt, which resulted in me chasing her around the room and her screaming in fake terror, "Don't get me, I am your kid!!!!!"

After getting powdered sugar above her lip, "Wook! It is MUSTACHE powder!! I a daddy now." *looking down at herself* "No, I still a girl."

Walks by smacking a wooden spoon against her hand. Whatcha doing, Ains? "Wooking fo my sisser." Oh, dear. Luckily, it was a game of hide-and-seek.

"You know how I go (grow) bigger?" How? "I exshacise." *does a surprisingly good Arnold Schwarzenneger impersonation*

Now for some from Hannah -

Hannah and Ainsley came tearing down the stairs, very involved in one of their X-Men missions. Ainsley thought she was talking to Rogue, who corrected her loudly - very loudly - and forcefully. She was, in fact, Storm. A few minutes later, they went tearing past again and Ainsley warned Rogue about Juggernaut. "I AM STOOORRRRMM!!" Twice more this happened. Then they came into the kitchen looking for a snack. "What would you like, Storm?" I asked. She looked at me in disbelief. "How did you know I was Storm?" I'm a mom. We know these things.

The other day, Hannah came dancing into the room where I was working and shouted "MOTHER, CHIHUAHUAS ARE SO CUTE!!! I LOVE CHIHUAHUAS! THEY HAVE THE CUTEST EARS AND CURLY TAILS AND THEY NEVER GROW BIG!" I asked her to please take out her ipod earbuds before she 'talked' to me. I was nearly deaf from her joyous exclamation. She just grinned and went dancing off singing 'Mamma Mia'.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

chihuahuas. shudder.
:)

when you have time for "right now" i have a challenge for you.

it's always funny when they're surprised by non-oblivion. They expect us to be as unaware of them as they are of what we're doing. :)

Farmgirl_dk: said...

I *love* reading these!!
Ainsley is a hoot and Hannah never fails to make me smile.
Do you write all these down the second they happen? You must have books FILLED with all these! :-)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I love that girl!

Maria said...

love it!

Daniel tells me at times if I say I don't know: "yes you do! you a mom!"

Of course!

Lynna said...

Have you seen the "Skippy Jon Jones" books. She'd probably love these!! He's a siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua. Pretty funny if you can find the mexican accent!!

Chris said...

I love reading little kid statements! I have three and a half year old boy/girl twins, so I too could write a book of them. My book would include more horror chapters though like the time they took a whole tub of butter and threw handfuls of it all over the upstairs room, or when I caught my son buck naked in the hall peeing into one of my measuring cups. You gotta love 'em.