Sunday, March 7, 2010

You know it's going to be a good day,

when the first thing you hear in the morning is "Are you going to be here all day again, Daddy?" and then squeals of joy when he answers in the affirmative. It doesn't hurt that it's a clear, springtime-feeling day.

So it's been pretend and bike-riding (the first of the season!) and admiring baby goats.

Dancing and piano playing.

Jumping in the jump house (a hand-me-down from my sister who has achieved goddess stature in my children's eyes).

Garden planning and egg collecting.

Crafting and organizing.

Dollhouses and computer games.

Scooby-doo (and the accompanying 'creeps').

Playing chess with the Simpsons (one of Hannah's birthday presents).


I've been able to get goat, chicken, and seed-starting chores done. It feels so good to be able to spend all day outside.

Tonight's family game night. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Mama Teaching 2 said...

Awwww...My two just love when daddy is home as well! :) What sweetness.

Cindy said...

Love seeing the jump house (or Jump-o-lene as Sadie affectionately called it) being used!

Also- glad to see the strawberry dress is being loved again and again! (I see it on Hannah in the 2 most recent posts!) That was one of Ashley's all time favorites!

Maria said...

Awww - the jump house! I smell a visit coming on! To see you and the kids, of course! lol

Chris said...

Spring is in the air here, too. We just got back from a ride around the block on bikes, playing hide-and-seek in the yard, swinging on swings, and pouring water in the sandbox.

My kids always ask my husband, "Is it Saturday today?" They get so excited to know he'll be with us the whole day, too.