Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter came and went.

With the first proper Easter baskets I've ever done.

Not quite proper - there were no chocolates in them. Felt bunnies, tattoos, some Chinese candies that the kids love, fabric for spring outfits, but no chocolates.

The bunnies were a huge hit -

I didn't have fabric for a spring outfit for Gray, but I needed a filler in the basket, so I put in a scrap of fleece. It was his favorite thing. He carried it around for two days.

Then we colored eggs...

And did an experiment that's been waiting a *long* time for us to get enough pop bottles for.



My sister came over and we did eleventy-hundred Easter egg hunts with all of the kids in our living room (because of the springtime snow). After the seventh hunt, the adults gave up and the kids hid the eggs for each other.

It was a lovely day.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mine love hiding, too.

A while back we bought some mentos and coke for explosions - I held onto those 2 liter bottles - "These things are gold!" I said, when others tried to toss them into the recycle. :)
Hard to come by when you don't buy pop!

Cindy said...

Um, is Hannah holding a chihuahua in that top picture? It doesn't look stuffed. Did the Easter Bunny bring that too?

Shawnell said...

What...not a single comment about the little rat-dog that Hannah is holding? I've been waiting to here how that whole process went.

Kyrie said...

Adorable little bunnies, but...

You got Hannah a Chihuahua?!?

Goodwife said...

I had to look again, but I see there is a little chi dog in the top photo!

Lynna said...

Sounds like a great day! So good to hear from you . . I was beginning to wonder what was up at your house!

Lynna said...

Oh, I forgot . . I love the bunnies, did you make them??

Sarah said...

Lynna, I did make those. In the post, follow the linked word 'bunnies' to the tutorial. Seriously easy and fast to make. The tutorial bunny is brown, but I made mine in pastels - I think they're much cuter in color.

mandy said...

We chocolate makers didn't get around to making chocolate eggs for Easter! I feel ya!

Love the puppy. She is too cute!