Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What a life.

Spring is here, which means I'm not. I'm outside milking, planning, planting, playing. Since I try to only do computer stuff when my kids are otherwise occupied (sleeping, mostly), and during those times I'm usually otherwise occupied (sleeping, mostly), not a lot of blogging is getting done.

This morning, my husband has taken the kids to the cattle auction with him, and it's raining outside, so I get a bit of free time inside. Looking around my house makes me think that I should be using this free time for something besides computer time ... You can certainly tell we've been busy outside by looking at the inside.

I've pored through the snapshots from our last week, and here's what I have to offer.

Coming back in from milking to find the girls in a brown bath.

"Guess what we discovered, Mother? Bath water is hot enough to melt chocolate chips!" You don't say.

Superhero puzzles.

Picnics completely orchestrated by kids.

Telling stories of fairies in the dark.

Discovering Parcheesi.

Making masks.

Hanging laundry.

Decorating a playhouse for Grayson.




And a whole lot of playing on scooters and bikes, horse riding, egg gathering, running (Hannah wants to run a marathon when she's older now), pretending, and cooking.

What a life.

16 comments:

Goodwife said...

I feel the same way! It's getting harder to blog now that the weather is nicer! Oh well, I suppose we'll all still be here when winter rolls around again!

Mama Teaching 2 said...

HA HA HA, I love it! I bet they do melt! HEE HEE

Cindy's Custom Creations said...

I think every kids should get to take a bath in chocolate milk once in their life! Awesome!

James & Jessi McCalvy said...

Is Hannah copying you? Are you still running?

Sarah said...

Goodwife, it's the cycle of internet time, isn't it? Beautiful weather outside, less time online. For some that beautiful weather is summer, for others, it's skiing season - I rarely see my dad online in the winter. For you and me, it's farming season that we're offline!

MT2 - funny, huh? They were so pleased with themselves. Ains said "But it doesn't really taste like hot chocolate."

Cindy, did you set them up for that when they were visiting?

Jessi, I've been ill for awhile and wasn't running then - even though I would have been healthier if I had been - but I'm starting up again now because she's pushing it. She started running last year because she was copying me, but this time, she's instigating it. There's a run hosted by St. Alphonsus in Boise at the beginning of June that she really wants to be a part of. I keep meaning to email your Jed's Maria because I bet some of her kids would like to do it too.

Joy said...

Bathing in chocolate water...awesome.

Sarah said...

Joy, it's so good to hear from you! I read your blog, but Blogger won't let my computer comment. Sooo frustrating! I'm loving reading about everything you're doing. Finn's a doll.

Tara W. said...

Oh. My. Goodness! I LOVE that they took a milk chocolate bath. What could possibly be more awesome than that (Willy Wonka's factory excluded)?

Sarah said...

Tara, they were pleased as punch with themselves. It was really cute. If I was parenting the way I was parented, I would have been screaming and yelling and spanking. Life's so much better without all that.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh my gosh! The chocolate bath had me laughing!

James & Jessi McCalvy said...

If it is June 12th-ish, Eagle also has a fun run during Eagle Fun Days. You could call my mom - they LOVE Eagle Fun Days. Complete with a dry/wet parade (the wet half includes water balloons and fire trucks and hoses) - everybody watches the parade in front of my Dad's office & usually there is a BBQ and potluck. :) WAY FUN!

James & Jessi McCalvy said...

http://eaglechamber.com/default.asp?pageName=Eagle%20Fun%20Days

Check it out!

Maria said...

OMG!! the chocolate bath!

Lisa Z said...

OMG, chocolate chips in the bathtub, that is awesome! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you found me! I couldn't go through your FB link, but you can friend me as Lisa Barber Zahn. I'm loving all the unschooling conversations and connecting that's going on lately!

Lisa

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh my...still laughing over that first picture. The chocolate bath - wonderful and hilarious!
I've said this before but you always have the most delightful, happy things going on at your house. :-)

Lynna said...

Wow! That's too funny!! My other friends' kids were making . . . and burning toilet paper boats in the tub. I think I'll let mine stay dirty for awhile!!