Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How to cool down on a hot day.

My husband called and said "Can you get the kids to come out to the front yard? I'll be by in a few minutes with a water truck." So I told them all to please come help me clean up the yard so that we could get it mowed, which they did. Then he drove by.

It sent them running.

Then he backed up and did it again.
And again.
The older kids put their heads down and headed right into the water.
So he turned it on higher.
She's pretty brave.

It cooled them down fast.

And we got to see a rainbow.

They weren't mad, but when it was time to really clean the yard up, I had a hard time getting volunteers.

7 comments:

Cindy's Custom Creations said...

This just makes me smile! And look at the photos over and over again. LOVE IT!

Sarah said...

Cindy, it was so much fun. You could see Matt's grin from the porch.

Mama Teaching 2 said...

Very, very, fun!

Lindsay said...

I bet that was so much fun! Meredith is loving running through sprinklers this year, she would love something like that.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Aw, just thinking about Matt grinning makes me grin! I love the surprises he does for the kids.
And how cool is it that he is able to drive by in a freakin' huge water truck?!! :-)

affectioknit said...

That's just awesome! so much better than a sprinkler! I love the rainbow too!

Maria said...

so. much. fun! what an awesome dad/uncle!