Friday, August 20, 2010

I did not teach him that.

Sometimes our kids do stuff and we don't know where they learned it. Like when Hannah was barely three and walked into the room with a pool noodle that she'd jammed two knitting needles into sitting on her shoulder, aiming it and saying "Pew! Pew! Pew pew pew!!!"

She'd made her own bazooka and we still don't know where she got the idea.

Yesterday when I was doing chores, I looked over to see Gray sitting on the grass-shooter-tube-thingy that we had taken off of the lawn mower, aiming it around at things and giggling maniacally when his sisters pretended to run away screaming. The dogs just looked bemused.

Once again, I don't know where he got the idea.

But the one thing both kids' inventions have in common is that they didn't go for little handheld stick varieties - they went straight for the big stuff. Should I be worried or proud?

4 comments:

Cindy said...

OMG... so funny! Are you sure it's not from those violent army movies you watch with them?

P.S. It makes me laugh when I hear new moms say they will *never* buy toy guns for their kids... (I was one of those moms), but then find out that a carrot, or even a Barbie doll bent at the waist makes a fabulous 'gun'.

Sarah said...

Maybe it was The Simpsons. ;)

I was one of those moms too. That philosophy ended the second that Hannah walked into the room with a pink bazooka on her shoulder. I still haven't bought toy guns for my kids, but it's because they've never asked. Apparently, they find enough inspiration in what we have laying around. Again, I'm not sure whether that should worry me or amuse me. I lean towards amused.

Joy said...

haha...proud, definitely proud. :) We don't do toy guns either (in fact, my 7 yo willingly hands over his lego guns that come with his Star Wars lego sets) but my daughter came home from (a very pacifist) camp with a gun she made from wood for him. I just had to laugh.

Laurette Lynn said...

You win! http://www.unpluggedmom.com/