Monday, December 20, 2010

Tis the Season

For lots of cooking. It seems to come with the winter weather. Inside more means cooking more.

(But first, go check out Ainsley's new apple pants. So cute! - the pants too. :) )

Ainsley goes for the sweet things like marshmallow fudge.

Hannah goes for the feel-better things like marshmallow crackles. (Same ingredient name, different basic ingredients - this is made with marshmallow root.)

Gray makes anything and everything that he can. He just loves helping.

Applesauce making was huge a few weeks ago - the girls insisted that I be Ma and I call them Mary and Laura.

Ainsley is big into pie-making these days. On this day, she asked her father for help, so she got to make a chocolate pudding pie - with extra flair, of course. Sprinkles in both the crust ...

and on top.

It was verra crunchy. Yum.

Oh, and her hair - I have to show you her hair.

She can wear it in pigtails now. Happy Day!

She loves how it looks.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

:)
Deliciousness all the way around!

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Oh, what a fun post. That last picture is my absolute favorite! I just want to give her a big hug.
Lots of wonderful baking going on. I love that I got to reap the rewards of THAT! :-)

Maria said...

LOVE the pigtails!!