Monday, May 9, 2011

Absorbing the last few days with three.

We're down to the home stretch now. Two weeks - three, tops - until we are a family of six (gulp!) instead of a family of five.

So I'm using my body's signals to tone it down a bit to snuggle and cuddle and absorb these three while they're still my only three.

So picnics are the order of the day.

And loving this little boy who grabs his boots and coat as soon as he sees me getting ready to head outside - even if the girls don't come, I can always count on him to be with me.

And while he is frustrated with how big Mommy's tummy is getting and doesn't seem to comprehend the fact that there's a baby in there, the other two do. Very much.

There is much impatience about "When will this baby be here?" and "You better wake me up for the birth, even if you have to take me outside into the cold to get me to wake up!" and "Can I listen to the heartbeat?"

(Can I tell you how much I love having a midwife that comes to my house so that I don't have to haul three kids to a doctor's office?)

And my favorite "Can I talk to the baby?"

And I think the feeling's mutual, between the baby and its siblings. This is the first pregnancy where the baby is so crazy active when it hears siblings running and playing - nearly turning somersaults wanting to be with them. This could be interesting.

It never ceases to amaze me, this feeling of "I can't imagine my life with another one." changing immediately after the baby arrives to "I can't remember my life without you."

11 comments:

Cindy's Custom Creations said...

Those are such sweet photos! We are excited to meet the little one too!

Joy said...

I didn't know you were expecting again. Congrats! Life with 4 is awesome. :)

Danni said...

I ♥ ♥ ♥ these pictures. You all look so happy! I think it is incredibly wonderful the way you have included your kids in your pregnancy - it's a true family affair!
Tell me, is there anything...anything at all...that a girl from Oregon could do for you right now?
((hugs))

marcie said...

I didn't realize how close you were! Wowzas! You last couple of lines totally made me cry, so sweet and so true! :)

Christy said...

I LOVE this post! I want a midwife that comes to my house! I have a midwife, but I have to go to her - I don't even know if there are any midwives around here that do go to houses. I love the idea of that. SO jealous!

Great photos!

Stephanie said...

Oh, enjoy sweet Sarah!

So funny that Baby wants to play right away!! :)

The Barefoot Crofter said...

What a lovely post to join in on. 4 is such a good round number - enjoy the last couple of weeks of 3. xx

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Nothing like a midwife...

I hope you are better than I am and share your birth story before your baby is nine months old. HA HA I am so bad.

Enjoy snuggling those three and that baby once he or she is here!

Debbie said...

Ah...two weeks is TODAY! May 24th is a good day to be born I think. (It's Bob Dylan's bd today.)

Your last line made me cry. So true. You are such a sweet, sweet mama. How blessed your children are to have you...and for you to have them. I can't wait to meet the newest addition. xo

Window On The Prairie said...

Your last comment on this post brought tears to my eyes. Hubby and I have been trying for 3 years without any little ones so far. Been getting tests lately to learn what problems there may be. In the mean time I try to remain faithful that our time for a family will come soon. Thanks for sharing pics of your beautiful family with us.
Suzanne

Sarah said...

Oh, Suzanne, I'll be thinking of you - I hope you and your husband get your own little one soon. Sending you much love from here.