Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camping on a moment's notice.

Saturday afternoon, Matt said "Let's go camping." This is something he would not have said before we got the camper. But he says it now and it is so fun to think "let's go" and thirty minutes later be gone.

That night was mostly spent playing games.


The next day was rainy off and on, but that doesn't matter so much when you're in a camper! We pulled out our camper craft box and the kids created. I read. Matt ... well, he was glad we weren't in a tent.


When it wasn't raining, we would head outside for a bit.








I just realized something putting this post together. My kids will have very little photographic evidence that I existed.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

"I just realized something putting this post together. My kids will have very little photographic evidence that I existed. "

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. I recently saw such lovely photos of you and Matt and would love to see some more from your days out and about :-)

I use a Gorillapod .. it's a flexible legged tripod that you can attach to just about anything and that plus the timer function on the camera means you can be in the photos too! :-)

I love the idea of a camper! We use a bell tent which is also OK if it rains, but not as great as a camper!!

Rebecca said...

Those are some great pictures! I know how you feel being behind the camera all the time. Man, what a view you guys had! Gorgeous!

Georgina said...

Oooh, we'd love a camper, lucky you :)