Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sun Art.

We have an art show to attend this weekend *and* I'm decluttering my craft room. Doing the latter turned up this paper so that we could have a project for Ainsley to showcase at the former.

Gray and I tried it first with his toys.

This was what it looked like after being in the sun for five minutes.

Then we rinsed it in water.
Not so clear. Instead of holding them under running water to rinse them, we poured water into a pan, added some lemon juice, and soaked them in that. Much more clear.

Once the girls (and their cousin) saw the process, they were all over it.


Ainsley's beach page

Hannah's beach page

My fantasy page.

That one looked like it would turn out really cool but we got busy with another page and left it in the rinse water for too long. Totally ruined it.

We ended up using all fifteen pages, so we have a few for the art show and one less thing in the craft room.

Submitted to Saturday's Artist at OLM.

8 comments:

Connie Krebs said...

Where did you get the sun paper from? What a cool project!

MamaTea said...

Lovely how that worked out, isn't it? Made great art and decluttered at the same time. :) We tried that once a few years ago but the paper never worked out right for us. :( Maybe it was old?

Stephanie said...

I love sun art!
I'm saving the rest of my paper for Winter Solstice, again. :)

Melissa said...

Too funny. I just pinned a sun print kit to pinterest! Layla will be all over this. :o)

Sarah said...

Connie, I got mine on a clearance sale at Dick Blick art supplies. This pack is the same kind of stuff (http://www.dickblick.com/products/nature-print-paper/) but the paper is much smaller. Ours was 8 1/2 x 11 inches.

MamaTea, it was fantastic. Decluttering the craft room is making me more selective about what I bring into it.

Rebecca said...

Ah! Loved seeing that beach one tonight! I didn't realize you had blogged about them, so it was a nice surprise to see the process you went through. I have had the sunprint paper on my amazon list forever. Might just be time to get that ordered!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love that paper!!!

Lindzena said...

That is so much fun! I have never heard of this project before. Fantastic. PS, 'Grayson' is a great name. No, I'm not biased.