Thursday, February 9, 2012

Karate!

About 6 months ago I decided that I wanted to start aikido. There are no aikido places around here. There are a few martial arts places, but the one I loved is in the city, 45 minutes away. That's $40 a week just in gas, forget the price of the class. So I looked closer to home. Not as high of quality instruction, but more reasonable costs.

Then Matt started working nights and, well, I can't swing a twice a week class parenting on my own. It's too much to ask of friends to watch the kids that often and I couldn't have 4 kids running around the waiting area while I tried to concentrate on class. But the girls found out that I wanted to do it and they were *so* excited. You can't be a superhero without martial arts knowledge.

So the girls started karate two weeks ago. They love it. They're in superhero training.

For Ainsley it's specific water-bending training.

Hannah likes to keep her options open. She could join the Justice League, she could be Wonder Woman's protege, she could get her skills up before her mutant genes kick in in puberty, she could train with the Earth Benders ... Who knows where she could end up if she just gets her skills up where they need to be.

I hope to get Gray going ... I almost had him talked into it the other day.

3 comments:

Cindy's Custom Creations said...

Good to know that we have some super heroes in training! They are adorable in their Gi's.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I love it!

Elijah has his FIRST class tonight!

Melissa said...

The world will be much safer place! :o)

I am passing along the Liebster blog award to you. You can find more about it here:
http://simple-whimsy.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html